Floodway and Fringe Map

The flooding of the Bow River devastated many parts of southern Alberta, and left a multitude of Homeowners wondering what do. The province has changed the flood-proofing rules for those living in high-risk areas. People living in flood-fringe areas must flood-proof their homes if they want insurance coverage for future disasters. Homeowners who live in the floodway can choose to rebuild or leave, but will not be eligible for any future help if they stay. Do you know if you live in a floodway or flood fringe?